1.1 MOODY is brought to you by We Are Moody Limited (“MOODY”, “our”, “we” or “us”). This privacy statement explains how we use your personal information to provide you with the MOODY website www.wearemoody.com ( the “MOODY Platform”) and other services offered by us (the "Services").
1.2 We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We ask that you read this Privacy Statement carefully as it contains important information about what personal information we may collect from you and how we will use it. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be sent to [email protected].
2. ABOUT US
2.1 We Are Moody Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 10047636. Our registered office is at 24 Greville Street, Farringdon London EC1N 8SS.
2.2 For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018 (together “Data Protection Legislation”) , we are the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company which determines the purposes and means of the processing of, your personal information).
2.3 Our Data Protection Officer is Louise Marshall at Dragon Argent Limited. She may be contacted at [email protected] .
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
3.1 We collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our MOODY Platform and Services. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your information. The information that you provide to us when using our website, including your name and e-mail address.
- Log information. Information relating to your use of the MOODY Platform, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the MOODY Platform (including date and time), products and Services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as clicks), and methods used to browse away from the page.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
4.1 We use the information we collect to:
- provide the MOODY Platform and the Services;
- fulfil your orders for any products or Services purchased via the MOODY Platform; and
- facilitate or contribute to research activities (please see section 5 (Research) for further information on this).
4.2 We also use information that we collect about you for operational purposes, including to:
- provide customer services, including responding to your enquiries, fulfilling any of your requests for information and notifying you about changes to our MOODY Platform and Services;
- improve our MOODY Platform and Services and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- administer our MOODY Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- comply with applicable laws, to enforce our rights or to respond to requests from law enforcement and other government authorities.
4.3 We use your personal data pursuant to one or more of the following legal bases, as prescribed by Data Protection Legislation:
- to comply with a legal obligation; and/or
- where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and we have indicated to you what that interest is.
5.1 We may share anonymised data about users of the MOODY Platform with research institutions. This will help them to carry out research on health and wellbeing, with the intention to improve women’s health. As the data is anonymised, it will not identify any individual and therefore will not be personal data.
5.2 You will be given the choice as to whether you would like your data to be used in this way, by opting in, by communication from us prior to the launch of a new research project. If you opt in but later change your mind and do not want to your data to be used in this way, please contact us at [email protected].
6.1 6.1 Where permitted, we may contact you with information about products and services that we feel may interest you. None of these communications will be informed by or related to HealthKit information.
6.2 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You will be given the opportunity to opt out of marketing emails on every email which we send to you. If you do not want to receive any marketing emails from us, you can remove yourself by following the unsubscribe directions provided in the footer of our emails, or by contacting us at [email protected].
7. WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
7.1 We will never share or sell your personal information to any third parties except in the ways described below, or with your consent:
- Suppliers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including data analytics and other IT suppliers (for example, MailChimp). We do not share your personal information with our agents or suppliers except as is necessary in order to enable them to provide us with a service and then only pursuant to our express instructions.
- Other reasons. We may also share your personal information with a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business and in some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, either because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it, to enforce our legal rights, or to prevent fraud.
- We may also share anonymised data with research institutions, as described in more detail at section 5 (Research).
8. Where we store your personal data
8.1 The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, destinations inside and outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States of America. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for our suppliers. By submitting your personal data via the MOODY Platform and Services, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your personal data outside of the EEA.
8.2 MOODY will comply with its obligation under data privacy laws to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to provide an adequate level of protection of any personal data transferred to a destination outside of the EEA. If you would like more information as to the safeguards in place, please contact us at [email protected].
9.1 We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely. In particular, all information you provide to us is stored on our supplier’s secure servers (including within the ‘cloud’) and any information we process relating to your payment transactions will be sent over an encrypted connection or other secure networks. We will also anonymise your personal information before sharing with third parties for research purposes (where you have permitted us to share such data). You should be aware, however, that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure.
9.2 Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our MOODY Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
9.3 Unless you are exercising certain specific legal rights (see section 11) we will hold your personal information for a period of 12 months after the date on which you cancel your account on the MOODY Platform or, if relevant, for as long as is necessary to comply with any legal obligations.
10. THIRD PARTY LINKS
10.1 Our MOODY Platform contains links to the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. For example, online retailers where you can click through and view and purchase supplements and vitamin products.
10.2 If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. YOUR DATA RIGHTS
11.1 You may have the following rights:
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you under Data Protection Legislation. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to us at [email protected].
11.2 If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us at [[email protected]]as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as reasonably practicable.
11.3 You may have additional rights in relation to our handling of your personal data under Data Protection Legislation. For example, the right to have your personal data erased, the right to object to or restrict us from processing your personal data, and the right to data portability. If the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, the lawfulness of any processing undertaken before such withdrawal will not be affected. If you would like to exercise these rights at any time, please write to us or email us at [email protected]. Please be aware that we will have to verify your identity before we respond to any such request.
11.4 Should you have any complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]. Should we be unable to resolve your complaint and you wish to take your complaint further, you may do so by contacting the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
13. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
13.1 Any changes we make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Statement. If we make material changes to this Statement, we will notify you, such as by email or through the platform.
Last updated: February 2019.